Due to the high volume of requests we receive, we are unable to guarantee funding for every request. The following guidelines must be followed in order to be considered for a donation.
Requests for in-kind donations are limited to 501c3 non-profit organizations located within the counties of Cortland or Tompkins in the State of New York.
Requests must be received by CFCU at least six (6) weeks prior to the event.
Preference will be given to contributions that impact large portions of the communities that CFCU serves and/or those organizations that are members of CFCU. CFCU will look more favorably on opportunities with the potential for matching contributions in order to leverage the donation, and contributions toward capital campaigns will be favored over contributions towards operational expenses.
Please note that the following items/purposes are generally outside the scope of CFCU's charitable contribution guidelines:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin;
- Organizations or programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office;
- General endowment funds;
- Deficit reduction or operating reserves;
- Contributions intended exclusively for religious purposes/organizations;
- Student trips or exchange programs;
- Telephone solicitations;
- Organizations outside of the geographic area served by CFCU; and
- For-profit organizations.
All donation requests should be submitted through the online application at least six (6) weeks prior to an event.
Processing Your Request
The CFCU Community Credit Union Executive Team reviews all donation requests as a group.
You will receive notification once your request is processed.
All decisions are final.